[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
Ubuntu-cy - Ubuntu Linux - Cyprus Local Community Team • View topic - instlux

instlux

instlux

Postby charizan » Sat Sep 06, 2008 10:49 pm

hello guys!!!
i have an old laptop with a messed-up windowsXP installation. Today i decided to install linux on that laptop, but unfortunately i had some challenges to overcome to complete the installation since:
1.The laptop's bios couldn't support usb boot, or any other kind of boot except of the standards!
2.The cd-rom is totally useless!!!
3. no floppy..or anything else external or internal device that could help me in my task
4. I was a bit lazy to start doing crazy things to make the installation( so i decided to find the 'easy way')
i was lucky enough to find in my bookmarks the link for an application that allows the installation of openSuse, through net, just by executing a binary in windows!!
the result was more than satisfying since now i have on my laptop openSuse, even that i had the issues that i mentioned above.
the name of that application is , if you have the time or u experience the same problems with me give it a try ...is a life saver!!! ;)
cheers
It's only funny until someone gets hurt, then it's hilarious!
charizan
Guru

Return to Applications...