[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
Ubuntu-cy - Ubuntu Linux - Cyprus Local Community Team • View topic - php packages packaging guide

php packages packaging guide

php packages packaging guide

Postby theo » Tue Jan 04, 2011 2:23 pm

Guys I want to package the latest phpbb3 3.08 as a deb but all the guides I find is for binary software. Can you point me to a guide to package script languages like php and python?
Some people like to look out of the window. Some others prefer to look at the curtains instead!

www.theo-andreou.org
theo
31337 Guru

Re: php packages packaging giude

Postby medigeek » Wed Jan 05, 2011 6:18 pm

Is there a reason to do that?
The package is already taken care of in debian repositories: http://packages.qa.debian.org/p/phpbb3.html
is updated to include 3.0.8 security patches, but I don't think 3.0.8 (as a package) is ready for release yet. :)
The upcoming natty repositories (11.04) already include 3.0.7-PL1-4: http://packages.ubuntu.com/search?keywords=phpbb3

Nevertheless, the general packaging guide is here: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/PackagingGuide/
medigeek
How much time you spend in here?

Re: php packages packaging giude

Postby theo » Fri Jan 07, 2011 10:09 am

That' s a good idea! If 3.07-PL1-4 has patched the security issues we can go with that one if there are no dependency issues. I''l check.

I had a look at the package guide but is not very clear on how to package applications based on scripting languages. All the guides I have found are involving compilation so they are referring to C/C++ programs mostly.
Some people like to look out of the window. Some others prefer to look at the curtains instead!

www.theo-andreou.org
theo
31337 Guru

Re: php packages packaging guide

Postby theo » Fri Jan 07, 2011 10:26 am

OK I upgraded to the 3.07-PL1-4 version using the natty package. Everything seems to be OK but I get some confused messages. The frontpage of the ACP shows:

[quote=ACP]Your phpBB installation is not up to date.
Re-Check version · More information »
Board version: 3.0.7 [ Re-Check version ][/quote]
When I click on More information I get:
[quote=ACP]
Your phpBB installation is up to date. There are no updates available at this time. - Re-Check version

Current version
3.0.7-PL1-4 (Debian)

Latest version
See Debian Packages
[/quote]

Is that OK or should I worry?

www.theo-andreou.org
theo
31337 Guru

Re: php packages packaging guide

Postby theo » Fri Jan 07, 2011 10:28 am

Just checking the new "Quick Reply" option of the new phpbb3. Just ignore this.

www.theo-andreou.org
theo
31337 Guru

Return to Scripting and Programming