[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
Ubuntu-cy - Ubuntu Linux - Cyprus Local Community Team • View topic - How to convert YouTube videos to DivX or XviD

How to convert YouTube videos to DivX or XviD

How to convert YouTube videos to DivX or XviD

Postby christodoulos » Mon Jul 28, 2008 12:43 pm

I found an interesting article while I was trying to convert an .flv to .avi file

Have fun!
christodoulos
Advanced Member

Re: How to convert YouTube videos to DivX or XviD

Postby charizan » Mon Jul 28, 2008 12:51 pm

WTF!!!! :)
It's only funny until someone gets hurt, then it's hilarious!
charizan
Guru

Postby theo » Mon Jul 28, 2008 12:57 pm

Actually I was looking for a tool to do the opposite i.e convert .avi or some other format to flash (.flv). Any ideas?
Some people like to look out of the window. Some others prefer to look at the curtains instead!

www.theo-andreou.org
theo
31337 Guru

Postby charizan » Mon Jul 28, 2008 2:25 pm

use the script to do the opposite!
It's only funny until someone gets hurt, then it's hilarious!
charizan
Guru

Postby christodoulos » Mon Jul 28, 2008 3:16 pm

Upload it to Youtube and download it a a flash ! :mrgreen:
christodoulos
Advanced Member

Postby christodoulos » Mon Jul 28, 2008 3:36 pm

Try "ffmpeg -i video.avi video.flv"
I don't guaranty that audio will work too
christodoulos
Advanced Member

Postby theo » Mon Jul 28, 2008 5:09 pm

mencoder does not seem to support exporting to flash.

I''ll try ffmpeg when I go home. If it works we will have a non consistent video (the camera was a volunteer so no complaints) of the release party!

Else I'll try the youtube technique which could be a bit slow as I have a 2GB video.
Some people like to look out of the window. Some others prefer to look at the curtains instead!

www.theo-andreou.org
theo
31337 Guru

Postby theo » Thu Jul 31, 2008 11:43 am

I tried to convert the avi to flash. The results was the degraded quality (which is expected since 1.5 GB were reduced to 30 MB flash) but the sound was not working. I will try the youtube solution.

www.theo-andreou.org
theo
31337 Guru

Postby mastery82 » Fri Sep 19, 2008 12:22 am

If you did not already you can try these tools. http://www.swftools.org/
If you need any assistance just turn to your right and ask :)
mastery82
Forum newbie

Postby theo » Fri Sep 19, 2008 9:03 am

www.theo-andreou.org
theo
31337 Guru

Next

Return to Scripting and Programming