[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
Ubuntu-cy - Ubuntu Linux - Cyprus Local Community Team • View topic - Databases

Databases

Databases

Postby christodoulos » Fri Nov 28, 2008 9:48 am

OK gurus! I need your help.

I have a Lecturer that he is assingne assignments (one or more) to the students for a course.
An assignment may be individual or in group. Can you help me develop this in tables.

Is the first time that I really need you people guys
christodoulos
Advanced Member

Re: Databases

Postby theo » Fri Nov 28, 2008 10:41 am

Can you describe in detail what do you need to do?
Some people like to look out of the window. Some others prefer to look at the curtains instead!

www.theo-andreou.org
theo
31337 Guru

Postby christodoulos » Fri Nov 28, 2008 10:47 am

1. The database should contain all necessary data, which can be converted into information about students and lecturers in the department, courses offered, registered students for each course, and assignments, assigned to each student during the semester.
Notice: It’s supposed that the students may have more than one assignment per semester either individual or in group (team).

2. Create the conceptual model of your database showing the designed normalized relations (tables), which to satisfy the required view.
christodoulos
Advanced Member

Postby theo » Fri Nov 28, 2008 11:04 am

Is it a requirement to do this from scratch or can you use an existing system? Moodle from what I know has all the features you described. They use it in the Open University in Nicosia and it a complete web based e-learning management tool. It supports plugins and can be extended by anyone with the time to write new plugins.
Some people like to look out of the window. Some others prefer to look at the curtains instead!

www.theo-andreou.org
theo
31337 Guru

Postby marinos » Fri Nov 28, 2008 11:08 am

Everything should be made as simple as possible, but not simpler.
--Albert Einstein--
marinos
How much time you spend in here?

Postby christodoulos » Fri Nov 28, 2008 12:33 pm

The dead line is in 3 weeks I think. Its a web based application. MySQL + PHP
I can build this system in 2 days If I have the database ready.

About the University of Nicosia, this is an open system?
How can I see all the detailed information I want?

I'm done at a point but I stack on the group assignment.
I don't know how to represent it
christodoulos
Advanced Member

Postby charizan » Fri Nov 28, 2008 12:57 pm

to be honest Christodoule your coursework its quite easy and you should do it by yourself to learn (i cant believe that im saying smth like this)!!!
look mate, you can find easily the solution, from some of us, from someone that you can pay , etc ,etc!!!
but again you will have to do these things again if you find them when you are a professional!!!

In my opinion have a look at basic sql and db relational models, just to learn the basic commands,keys etc!!
have a look at google and , also
if you can find the book of this

if you read this stuff and you still have issues i'll be more glad to help!!! :)
It's only funny until someone gets hurt, then it's hilarious!
charizan
Guru

Postby theo » Fri Nov 28, 2008 1:06 pm

www.theo-andreou.org
theo
31337 Guru

Postby christodoulos » Fri Nov 28, 2008 1:37 pm

Thanks Theo
I'm downloading the program now and I'll check it out

Grigoris, I don't want you to build this application for me. I want to understand how I can assign assignments individually or in group
christodoulos
Advanced Member

Postby charizan » Fri Nov 28, 2008 1:40 pm

ok, can you post the whole coursework to have a look?
It's only funny until someone gets hurt, then it's hilarious!
charizan
Guru

Next

Return to Scripting and Programming