[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
Ubuntu-cy - Ubuntu Linux - Cyprus Local Community Team • View topic - Ubuntucy website

Ubuntucy website

Projects from the ubuntucy community...

Re: Ubuntucy website

Postby demas » Thu Dec 24, 2009 6:01 am

Hey theo relax a little bit I would need first of all the code of the site...And then I would need to have a look at it...Well It might take hours before I have done so with it so all I need from you is to provide my self username and a password on FTP access of the site and I would let you know.

By the way theo I check it with all browsers the site all where the latest version of that I could remember of, See Safari, Opera, Chrome, Firefox, IE/8.And by all browsers by default your site past the test of mine with excellent.
Our Portfolio: | | |
Hosted by Us: |
demas
How much time you spend in here?

Postby theo » Thu Dec 24, 2009 5:43 pm

Some people like to look out of the window. Some others prefer to look at the curtains instead!

www.theo-andreou.org
theo
31337 Guru

Postby demas » Tue Dec 29, 2009 5:16 am

Thanks man anyway for any help I appreciated what's is been lectured here by you my dear theo...I check the site out earlier today in IE/7 and it was running superub,I just wanted to make sure that the site was running fine in Windows XP, that's my sisters laptop.

Well I'm trying to figured out at the time what is the problem with your linux?
demas

Postby theo » Tue Dec 29, 2009 9:40 am

Some people like to look out of the window. Some others prefer to look at the curtains instead!

www.theo-andreou.org
theo
31337 Guru

Postby medigeek » Thu Jan 21, 2010 11:20 pm

I found some time to drop by online and say hi. Judging my own creation, the php code of the website is ugly to say the least. :oops:
My only excuse is that I desperately needed something that was multilingual and allowed me to create multilingual articles. And I needed it fast so I couldn't browse through every single ready-made solution. :)

j4vk has noticed that wordpress has translated wordpress stuff. Combining the fact that the ubuntucy.org has a wiki, I'm thinking of the following solution:

- We probably don't need launchpad translation -- Maybe for some custom-made menus for the website, but I think I can browse through the wordpress API and integrate that.
- We can use wordpress for static pages and as a blog for announcements, since the ubuntucy does not require many resources -- drupal would be my alternative solution.
- When we write announcements or articles on the wordpress blog, they would be in English.
- For translations we can use the wiki. Under each article, we could add a link for Greek and Turkish. It would redirect to the wiki. If the article is not created, it prompts the user to create it. The title of the wiki link would be the English-wordpress title plus "(Greek)" for example: "Results of the Ubuntu 9.04 Release Party (Greek)".
- Any ubuntu-cy user that has an account at the ubuntucy wiki could contribute with a translation instantly.

Maybe there are some templates to use in the wiki pages to categorize the newly created wiki pages as well. I'll have to dig a bit more about that. :)

Note: All these are just ideas, nothing implemented yet!
medigeek

Postby medigeek » Thu Jan 21, 2010 11:51 pm

Last edited by medigeek on Wed Feb 03, 2010 4:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
medigeek

Postby g0d4 » Mon Feb 01, 2010 9:07 pm

I have talked with my Turkish teacher at the university and this is her answer.

Giorgo selam,

To kalitero einai na mou stelnete me attacment ta idi metafrasmena (machine translation) kai apla na kanw tis aparaitites diorthwseis. Kalo tha itan na mou ta stelnete egkaira.

selamlar

C.P

So can anyone send me the parts that we want to translate so i can translate them through google and send them to the teacher?

Thanks.
g0d4
Forum newbie

Postby medigeek » Mon Feb 01, 2010 9:35 pm

Hey g0d4, thanks for the interest about the translations. We are currently debating about the new design, so please wait until we sort out the final look of the website. :)
medigeek

Postby demas » Tue Feb 02, 2010 4:24 am

demas

Postby medigeek » Tue Feb 02, 2010 12:57 pm

Because the most of the stuff that I'd like to be translated are on the website. :)

g0d4, does your professor have windows or linux?

The best way to translate would be to make an account on Launchpad and start translating:
- Register here: https://translations.launchpad.net/+login
- Translate here: https://translations.launchpad.net/ubun ... cysite/tr/

You can do it offline too, but you'll need:
1. http://downloads.sourceforge.net/projec ... -setup.exe
2. http://savvas.radevic.com/translations/ ... ite-tr.zip
(You have to save it on desktop and extract it -- you'll get a file i18n_ubuntucysite-tr.po)

- Install poedit-1.4.5-setup.exe, then run poedit.
- Fill in your personal details
- Go to menu File -> Open -> Open the i18n_ubuntucysite-tr.po and start translating!
- When you are done, press the "Save" button.
- Send us back the .po file.

Screenshot (in ubuntu):
Last edited by medigeek on Wed Feb 03, 2010 4:31 pm, edited 2 times in total.
medigeek

PreviousNext

Return to Projects