[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
Ubuntu-cy - Ubuntu Linux - Cyprus Local Community Team • View topic - New Firefox for android is out!

New Firefox for android is out!

Everything about the most popular Linux distro!

New Firefox for android is out!

Postby demas » Wed Jun 27, 2012 3:32 am

http://gigaom.com/mobile/firefox-for-an ... obile-web/

then all you had to do is just check it out and let me know about it. 8-)

that's all folks for now and remember that Firefox is long better....
Our Portfolio: | | |
Hosted by Us: |
demas
How much time you spend in here?

Re: New Firefox for android is out!

Postby sotos_ubu » Wed Jun 27, 2012 11:30 pm

The Chrome Browser for Android is also an excellent mobile browser and, if you are using Chrome as your desktop browser then the two of them are amazing. Currently I have both the Firefox and Chrome on my phone. The only drawback is that Chrome is only available on ICS right now.
Υπάρχουν 10 ειδών άνθρωποι. Αυτοί που καταλαμβαίνουν το δυαδικό
σύστημα και αυτοί που δεν το καταλαμβαίνουν.
sotos_ubu
Advanced Member

Postby demas » Fri Jun 29, 2012 5:06 am

demas

Postby sotos_ubu » Fri Jun 29, 2012 5:33 am

As I said I have both on my phone, so yes I have tried it. There was a point were Firefox was actually faster and smoother than Chrome. But because I use Chrome on my desktop as well I do have a preference in it. But I do agree that firefox in Android is one hell of a browser!
sotos_ubu
Advanced Member

Postby demas » Fri Jun 29, 2012 11:56 pm

demas

Postby sotos_ubu » Sat Jun 30, 2012 6:57 am

One hell of a browser means it is a great browser! :) But to be honest I think that Chrome browser, is a bit smoother than Firefox. At least that's the behavior I see in my phone in Android 4.0.4. As I said I do use both, and its down to personal preference on which is the best one. I just mention Chrome in my first reply in case someone didn't know it was out there to give it a try, if it has an ICS phone.
sotos_ubu
Advanced Member

Postby demas » Sat Jun 30, 2012 7:52 pm

I have to mention this over here since the topic is about Firefox and not for chrome, which one of the 2 uses less battery in your phone? If your answer is no, that means you don't know exactly what I'm really saying, that Firefox is the best of all the browsers that I tested in my ICS phone! 8-)
demas

Postby sotos_ubu » Sun Jul 01, 2012 3:08 am

I don't really know which one uses less battery. But I would be very interested for you to provide me some info on which one uses less battery and how to check it on my phone.
sotos_ubu
Advanced Member

Postby demas » Mon Jul 02, 2012 7:32 am

demas

Postby sotos_ubu » Mon Jul 02, 2012 8:52 pm

Which phone am I really using? Galaxy Nexus. If you are talking about Settings -> Battery you cant extract safe conclusions as to which uses more battery between the two because you can never have the same usage pattern in two full charge cycles. And I am not talking about the time you spent on those programs. I am also talking as to which sites you are loading, if you are downloading anything, which adds to the % battery used. In addition chrome syncs your open tabs and info which is logical to consume some more battery. If you set up firefox to sync that too battery usage will add up.
sotos_ubu
Advanced Member

Next

Return to Android